- 6-7 hours of on ice development per week
- Minimum of 5 hours of dry land training per week
- 180 strength and conditioning sessions
- 50+ game schedule
- Program runs from Sept-June and includes winter and spring seasons
- On and off-ice development is equivalent to 5 years of minor hockey in one season at the PCHA
- Two High Performance teams for 2016-2017
(Elite 15s and U18 Prep divisions)
The Canadian Sport School Hockey League was founded in 2009 and was specifically designed to enable like-minded student athletes who are driven and focused on their academic and athletic development, an increased level of competition and exposure.
The CSSHL started with five founding academies and has grown to a membership of 11 Sport Schools with teams in the U18 Prep, U18 Varsity, Elite 15 and Bantam divisions. Although only entering its sixth season of operations, the CSSHL has seen over 200 of its alumni graduate to the Junior A, and Major Junior ranks and beyond.
The CSSHL has seen alumni drafted into and play in the NHL, win the Memorial Cup and the Royal Bank Cup, earn NCAA scholarships and represent their respective country on the international stage.
It has helped develop players like Tyler Myers, Matthew Dumba, Curtis Lazar, Matt Needham and Dalton Thrower, and the league is a primary source of scouting for teams from the Western Hockey League, United States Hockey League and Canadian Junior “A” Leagues such as the BCHL and AJHL.
Check out our Brochure for more information